“Overcome that notion that you must be regular. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary." - Uta Hagen
Honestly after the past day or two, I really needed to hear that.
The most common objection I hear from people who don't support my PC endeavors is along the lines of "Why can't you be normal?" or "It's it time where you should be seriously looking for a husband?". And any time I even have the inkling of a doubt, the most brilliant quotes end up in my lap and that inkling gets sent to the depths of hell where it came from.
Today I happened to wander in to a Barnes and Nobles. Let me just say, once I found the travel section, I didn't leave for quite some time. I had a stack of books on Belize next to me and I was reading all of them. I'm soooo EXCITED!!! I even started a count down in my day planner. If staging (March 23rd) is Day 1 - I've got 47 days left.
Though I must admit, the picture of the Red Rump Tarantula - was less than pleasing. I'm definitely going to have nightmares.
Also, one of my alma maters - THE Ohio State University - is throwing a party for The Peace Corps 50th anniversary and I'm invited!!! President Gee will be there and lots of speakers, RPCV and OSU Alumni and Invitees. I won't be working at that time, so I'm really happy to be going to that event. It should be really nice.
Anyway, that's all for now. I think I'm going to run to Target before they close tonight and get some things to bring with me. I have 2 gift cards so some journals and a water bottle or two can be purchased with that.
Until next time. Same Bat Time. Same Bat Channel.


0 comments:
Post a Comment