A 5 year boy's take on Valentines Day

This is a brief conversation that took place with my 5 year old nephew Tommy today.

Me: Hi Tommy.
T: Hi Aunt Stephanie.
Me: How are you?
T: Good (pronounced dood).
Me: So who is your Valentine this year?
T: I don't know.
Me: What do you mean you don't know? A handsome dude like you has to have a Valentine.
T: Uh uh (No sound).
Me: How about your Mom or your sister?
T: I don't want to pick anybody.
Me: Why not?
T: Maybe my Mom and my Dad.
Me: And not your sister?
T: No.
Me. Why not?
T: Just because. I gotta' go watch TV. Do you want to talk to my Mom or my sister?
Me: Sure. Put your Dad on the phone.

He then proceeded to put my niece Emma back on the phone.

I just thought it was adorable and funny.

Hopefully you did too.

So my sister Peggy made it out to visit today. That was nice seeing her and meeting her nice friend and her friends daughter. We went out to lunch and then we went to TJ Maxx. The they had to head back up to her friends house. My mom sent a ton of stuff from NY (BUT NO BAGELS OF COURSE!!!! GAH!!) out to my house. I'm going to spend the rest of the night sorting through it and trying to at least put a dent in it. So we'll see what happens.

I'm also going to try to write my aspiration statement tonight and at very least do my resume. I'm not a big super bowl fan, I only care about the commercials.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment