... everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.
Just a cute little saying for everyone this week.
This week is moving like a snail trying to do the NYC marathon. It's moving painfully slow. I think it's because I have a 3 day weekend since I have Monday off.
So a few things have happened.
1) I'm finally starting to be able to walk again instead of waddle thanks to Juan's amazing leg work out the other day that pretty much had me paralyzed. I believe in working hard at the gym and everything, but to the point where you literally cannot function for a few days due to pain, not so much. Everyone at work was making fun of my waddling.
2) I booked a flight to NYC to see the family and friends and I'm already regretting it. I'm not regretting the trip itself, I'm psyched to see my friends and my brother and my nieces and nephews, but I booked the trip for 6 days. I'm scared I won't have enough packing time and time to get things straightened out. Hopefully I'm wrong and hopefully things will go smoothly instead of some drama filled craziness like every other trip I make to NY due to some key players (the ones I'm not looking forward to seeing). I just have to remember I'm mainly doing this for my friends, brother and sister-in law and the babies. ****Babies range in age from 6 months to age 20 - my nieces and nephews are all babies to me.*****
3) I'm on a new diet and it makes a lot of sense, but the first few days are really brutal and my love of bagels is making it hard not to cheat. It's the Paleo diet. I can eat anything a caveman would eat. I'm supposed to have protein, fat and only natural carbs. I can have all the fruit and vegetables I want. No pasta, no bagels, etc., not even if they're whole wheat. I'm an Italian girl from Brooklyn, not having pasta and bagels is not how I live. So I've decided that I will just severely limit myself. Pasta once every 2 weeks and 1 bagel a week. We'll see how this goes. I am just trying to shape up a bit before Belize so I'm not the "Fat American", even though I don't think I'm fat, I just want to feel better about my appearance and put my best foot forward when in Belize.
Speaking of Belize... 35 days!!! Woot woot! I'm getting psyched.
I really need to start abusing craigslist soon and selling all my things. I have someone coming to take my kitchen table and chairs away this weekend. I need to start listing my living room furniture though. ASAP. Maybe I'll do that tonight after work.
Anyway, that's all for now. I hope everyone is having a fantastic week and hopefully it's going more quickly than mine. Enjoy!

0 comments:
Post a Comment