Heartbreak and Haircuts

So this is going to be a long post filled with ups and downs.  So I apologize in advance.

First things first - something mediocre - Peace Corps news - sort of.  I did speak with a real live person the other day.  She said my original nomination is still intact, the program departure is set for March, same region, same nomination.  Of course this was immediately followed by "Nomination doesn't guarantee placement." and "Nominations can change.".  I was told if I don't hear from a placement officer in a few weeks to call back.  I'm really hoping my nomination sticks and I get to leave in March.  That would be wonderful.  I'm just afraid to get my hopes up, even though I really want to.

So some good news - I de-virginized my crock pot making some delicious chicken and black bean tacos.  I have the recipe if anyone wants it.  It's pretty fantastic and super healthy (at least until you put the cheese on it).

Now the bad news - I broke up with my boyfriend.  I knew it was coming and it wasn't any sort of surprise.  I just couldn't deal with his shenanigans anymore.  He could tell me he loves me until the cows come home, but I'm a firm believer that actions speak a lot louder than words and his actions show anything, but love.  Even though I knew he wouldn't be long term material and that things would ultimately end - it still sucks and still hurts.  The hardest part is going to be going to his place today to get my stuff and drop of his and the key to his place.

I did get a nice haircut yesterday though and I got it colored.  I was hoping she'd do something a little closer to my natural color so I can just let it grow out, but it's cute.  I desperately needed a cut.  I'm also learning a new song on guitar, which is cool.

That's about it really.  Time for some breakfast and a hot shower, then off to pick-up/drop off stuff and keys and off to work for 8 hours of OT.  At least work will distract me for a bit and I desperately need the cash.

0 comments:

Post a Comment