Distractions and random projects

So I think I did a pretty decent job of keeping myself distracted this weekend.  I was at very least, semi-productive and even had the opportunity (which rarely comes along) to do some OT at work Saturday night, which I jumped on.

My party on Sunday was a success and I felt really loved that so many people came out for my Birthday.  It was really nice and mellow and lots of fun.

Today I started my boot camp class at the gym.  I'll be taking it Tuesdays and Wednesdays every week for 6 weeks and I'm spending this week trying to ween myself off my fast food habit, though I will say, Chipotle doesn't count.  It's healthy as long as you get a bowl instead of a burrito and skip the chips.  I will limit my chipotle intake, but I am not giving it up.  Even the personal trainer said it was okay when I told her what I put in my regular bowl.

So I got a response from the Peace Corps.  I think they misunderstood the fact that I've never, not once been contacted by my Placement Officer.  Regardless, I was given a name of someone who can at very least direct my e-mails to my placement officer to find out if all systems are still a go.  I was never informed my nomination was filled up until I asked about it and it was too late.  So I'm a bit concerned, but I know I'm qualified at least educationally and my volunteer work is decent.

So my next giant distraction project is one for money, time and learning.  I am going to call it Crockpot 28.  My goal is to cook as many healthy and tasty meals in my new crockpot over the course of 28 days.  I'm allowed to have other store bought things, but minimal frozen/microwavable food.  (Think about it, are we really going to have microwaves in the PC?)  I'm hoping to make lots of soups and chili and other yummy things.  Of course, cereal, pasta, sandwiches and other cooked food is all still good.

Recipes are gladly accepted :-)  I'll post some of my favorites too.

Hopefully I'll have PC news soon though.

Oh, and does anyone know where I can see that 20/20 special online???

0 comments:

Post a Comment