Hello cyber world of bloggers :-)
So I'm a little late on this whole blogging thing and I'll keep this post short, but let's just say I'm an avid traveler (30 countries and counting) with a really philanthropic tendency.
The primary reason for this blog is to keep up with my application and the whole Peace Corps process.
I started applying to the United States Peace Corps back in April. I didn't realize until now that there is a network of blogs. Now that I know this, this blog is created.
So if any fellow applicants read this, this has been my timeline thus far.
Application started in April.
Application finished in June.
Recommendations finished early July (there were some technical difficulties on the end of one of my recommendations)
Interview July 20th.
Preliminary Nomination: July 22nd. Latin America or the Caribbean, February 2011.
Legal Clearance: Sometime in August.
Medical Kit: Finished late August (took a bit for me to find a surgeon to yank out some wisdom teeth).
Dentally Cleared: Early September.
Medically Cleared: Mid November.
Current Status: Waiting on placement and extremely excited!!!
I'm extremely interested in seeing what other applicants are going through and how they are preparing. The only thing I am doing right now is starting to ween down some of my unnecessary belongings. Things that should have been gone some time ago. Selling what I can, the rest is either donated, recycled, or if absolutely necessary, going into the garbage (about 5% of things).
I want to start doing some language learning, but that is really difficult considering that I don't know where I'm going and since things can change overnight. Once I do know where I'm going, I'd love to start some of that. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Anyway, I have to run and get things done for today, but I'm very excited to be more connected with other applicants, current and returned volunteers. I'll work on making my blog prettier later on as well.
I hope everyone is having a great day!
Ciao!

2 comments:
Hi! My name is Ilse and I was nominated to leave for Latin America in February, as well! I don't know if you have seen this website, but it may give you a better idea of where you will be going.
http://www.peacecorpswiki.com/Timeline
I had a similar timeline to you, as well. Nearly identical, and I'm still waiting on placement:) I'm glad I found your blog.
Good luck to you.
Well Hello Ilse! I have not seen that timeline, but it's extremely helpful, Thank You! I'm glad you found my blog because now I have your blog and we can hopefully sort of go through this process together in a way :-)
The tough thing about my nomination is that it was Latin America/The Caribbean and it actually specifically said "This is a NON-Spanish speaking placement." Which narrows it down even more. Did yours say anything like that? Have you heard anything from any placement officers?
Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where you end up :-) Good luck to you as well!
Post a Comment