So I went to my family doctor, who is a pretty awesome dude, for my 1 week (even though its only been 5 days) follow up after my surgery. He was really cool, answered all my questions and as he's done all my medical work for the peace corps, was really nice about getting a note faxed out TODAY to the PC Medical office - in particular my assigned nurse, so I can get RE-medically cleared to leave. I can pretty much resume life as usual. I'm going to be sore and he doesn't recommend me lifting anything over 10 pounds for another week or so, but other than that I'm good to go. So if they write the letter ASAP and fax it in today, maybe I'll be medically cleared again by Monday.
On a random note, though I don't like Christmas, I do love getting mail. I've been arranging a little card forrest in my living room, which my cat persistently continues to knock down. I'm enjoying my little area filled with cards, though I do need to find a way to kitten-poof it.
So for now, I'm going to head off to my full-time job and finish off my work week there. I'm working both days at my second job this weekend, as it's the holidays. I may break down and buy myself a Kindle this weekend as well. There are far more important things I need, but I really really want one... though I probably won't end up actually buying one, it's nice to dream about it.
So until next time I'm going to continue singing everyone's favorite Christmas carol *to the tune of all I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth* All I want for Christmas is my Peace Corps Invite...

0 comments:
Post a Comment