This morning I went to my dentist for my semi-annual cleaning. I' really weird about my teeth so I tend to stay on top of my cleanings almost exactly every 6 months. I've also seriously contemplated dentistry as a future career path post corps.
So as boring as that is, I'd just like to share how much I love my dentist because he and his (also dentist) wife are major world travelers and philanthropists. They spend at least 1 month a year traveling and helping out small villages (typically in Africa). They also adopted 2 little boys from there. So not only do I get the satisfaction of a minty fresh mouth when I leave, but just knowing that when I get my bill in the mail, at least part of that is going towards something good.
So, still no word from the Peace Corps. This worries me a lot considering I'm supposed to leave in February and I don't even know who my placement officer is and if they changed my assignment. Though I know I should wait, I did buy a few things for the Corps to help me quell the my RAS (Restless Applicant Syndrome). Just a few ecologically friendly water bottles with adorable designs on them that can be strapped to a carabiner on long walks or hikes. I'm also planning on purchasing another new journal and a reusable cloth bag with that peace quote I put up about a week ago on it.
And on a really random note, I love bean sprouts. They are super tasty and I love when Noodles and Co. loads up my Japanese pan noodles with them.
I hope everyone is doing well. Cheers all.

0 comments:
Post a Comment