From backwards to forwards, sort of...

My heart literally stopped this morning when I saw the "status updated" e-mail we all aspire for in my e-mail this morning.

After sending several e-mails yesterday and finally getting the right department, today my mind was set at ease, that once again, after my appendectomy, I am indeed MEDICALLY CLEARED (again)!!!  No invite, but I'll take it.  It's forward progress.

Even though I don't celebrate Christmas, everyone around me does, so I've been doing the Christmas thing.  Almost everything I asked for is something I can take with me to the Corps.  Also my closest friends, who know all about me (hopefully) going to the Peace Corps sent me related items.  So I've got some Nalgene and metal eco friendly water bottles that I asked for, I received a really, really nice journal and some blank cards with adorable kittens on them with a really nice note about writing and sharing memories from my BF4E Kelly.  I got some books from my friend Meghan, one written by a former Peace Corps volunteer.  However, I'm still dreaming Santa will bring me an invite, though I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

I'm looking forward to Saturday for one main reason though...a nap.  Once I get home from work, I am going to curl up in my nice warm bed, turn off any alarm that could possibly go off and sleep until my body has had its fill.  I really need it.  I've been super stressed lately due to working both jobs and also worried about placement and being placed in time/given enough notice to get my things together and say goodbye.  So hopefully a nice long nap will help out.

Anyway, I have to get going.  I have to work early today and on top of that, I'm going to have to fight the dreaded snow...

And of course, Congratulations goes out to a certain lady that reads my blog that was invited to Uganda!!  :-)  WOOHOO!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment