HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY PEACE CORPS!!!

The Peace corps is officially 50 years old today and I couldn't be prouder to be shipping off in 23 days.

Today I am going to a nice dinner at THE Ohio State University (one of my Alma Maters) celebrating the birth of The Peace Corps. My friend Maria who is in the application stages is also going and then we're hoping to go out for Mexican afterwards. Hopefully I can find something appropriate to wear in my closet and have time to run to whole foods afterwards. Since I'm going to NY tomorrow I'll need to bring my own food if I want to stay on my diet. There's no shot anyone is going to make anything remotely healthy, so I'm going to stock up on almonds, pecans and larabars. All super easy and super portable.

Tonight I'll have to pack for my "adventure" home too. I am going to see it as a test of how long I can hold my tongue and ignore negative comments. I'm really looking forward to seeing my friends though, however most of the trip will be spent in some family members living room attached to my kindle for dear life.

Anyway, I have to start getting ready for my special dinner.

Once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEACE CORPS!!!

1 comments:

Steve and Cathy Burnham said...

Stephanie, I thought of you when I read this. http://www.marcandangel.com/2011/02/28/60-inconvenient-personal-development-truths/

It should make you feel good about your decision to join the Peace Corps.

Cathy

Post a Comment